Great news to all active duty military spouse out there, if you want to go back to school or take online classes for free, MyCAA is offering up to $6,000 worth of financial assistance, if you want to know more about the program visit this website : MILITARYONESOURCE . I found out about this through another military spouse and my husband told me about this when we move in here because they had to attend a briefing during his in processing. I made an account and entered some of our information, after a week I received this message : You have been verified as ELIGIBLE in DEERS on 7/1/2009 and have been awarded $6000 for Financial Assistance. Then since im a mom all I can do is take online classes and I choose Medical transcription for 4 months until a year it depends on me, the costs is $2.125 for the whole course I already talk to the school everything is all set , right now Im just waiting for a career counselor to call me back for my program to be approved by MyCAA. If im done with MT and I still have enough money on MYCAA I can still use it for another course, and the good thing about this is its free, you dont need to pay them back after a few year or what and this is not the GI BILL, this is intended only for Military spouses.
Heres a guide on how to get started with MyCAA:
* first is create an account by clicking here: MYCAA
* fill up all the necessary information and wait for them to message you about your eligibility.
* if you get approve, you can choose a program or course that you want to take, there are Schools and different program in the website, so just explore it. You can take online classes or go to a regular school and community college near you.
* after you decide what course and school you want to enroll, then you can start calling the school and they will help you through the next step.
*when your done with your career plan CALL MYCAA and talk to a career counselor to get your program approved.
* if everything is in order then your good to go..
MyCAA will only finance up to $6,000 worth of assistance and they wont give the money to you they will directly pay the school where you are enrolled.
Goodluck and have fun studying!!