Friday, July 18, 2008

My Nursing dream


with Paula and te Lourdes mga ninang ni Jaden.

during our capping



my yearbook pic...( virgin pa ko ani ) hehehee

I was one of the many Filipino who wanted to be a nurse, so when I graduated from my first course which is BSC major in Management last March 2003 at the age of 19, I decided to enroll in nursing because it was a Popular course during that time and until now. I had the privileged to take up this course even if its kinda expensive with the help of my Grandma ( God bless her soul) who was living in Australia as well as my Uncle who was helping us out financially, Nursing is a very demanding and you need to study hard to pass every subject. I was on my 3rd year when I met my husband online and the rest is history.. LOL :)
My sister is also taking up nursing and she is using my old books and even my uniform, I'm so proud of her she is going to graduate on March of next year.
I wish I can still go back to school when I'm in the states or anything related to medical field. To all of you out there PLEASE study while you can and pursue whatever dreams you have. I was inspired to write about this when I read Marie's blog, I remember what it was like to be a nursing student. I had a classmate who was 40 years old when we were in the same class and now shes an RN, volunteering in a Public Hospital here because she needs experience before she can work in the states, she is one of Jaden's Ninang (Godmother) Mrs Lourdes Chan is truly an inspiration to me, Thank you for your kindness and Understanding. I have like 10 classmates who are now RN's in our block section, we were really close because we are classmates in all our subjects. To my former classmates and friends may you reach your dreams and be successful in every endeavor you take, God Bless us all.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Hello Ruby.. I never thought I could inspire you with my blog.. It's really an honor to be featured in your entry.. Thanks for the compliment girl and hope you still pursue your BSN course :) Keep on dreaming and realizing ur dreams!:)

Anonymous said...

I did pursue Nursing sa Liceo as a second course too, it was a little scary at first, i didn't know what to expect. Puro jud mga bata ako classmates but I had older ones too and all I can say now is it was fun!1 sem lang ko but naka-experiece ko hospital duty pud, very challenging gyud as in.