Wednesday, October 28, 2009

my man is a soldier

My man is a Soldier, proud as can be
I see him in uniform, and something comes over me.
My heart swells with pride, tears fill my eyes.
My love for my Soldier, I cannot deny.

I feel the tears as they stream down my face
As my love, my heart, takes me in his embrace
Then he utters the words, my greatest fear
And all I want is to hold him near.

His love for me is apparent on his face
As we come together for that final embrace.
I wipe my tears, then that one final kiss
I whisper to him, "it is you my heart will continually miss".

I know I need to hold it all together
Fight for the love I've searched for forever
He is my man, my sweetheart, my love
Sent directly to me from the heavens above
I won't run, I won't hide
I will stand beside my Soldier and serve him with pride.

See, my man is a Soldier
I will forever be by his side
As he defends our country, our land of pride.

To you my Soldier, I will always be true
I know that you are going to do what you have to do
Please know that my love is always with you
As you go to defend the Red, White, and Blue!


** I dont know who wrote this one, I just want to share this to everyone.. :)

No comments: