the interview took about 5-10 minutes, no supporting documents were asked not even the invitation letter provided by my husband, the consul was just looking at our pictures and asked:
1. Why she wants to come in the States?
2. How many children do you have?
3. whats my husband work and me?
4. who will watch my sister when she will come here?
5. what does my sister ,mother and father do?
6. when was the last time my mum saw me?
7. and basically asked my mum about the nature of her business...
then she was asked to pay air21 for the delivery fee..
she was interviewed by a black American Consul, my mum noticed that he has the loudest voice among the consul during that day. Only 3 out of 10 applicants from their batch were approved from that consul and 1 was a priest according to my mum, they had time to stay at the US Embassy for a while because it was raining. I guess my mum is so lucky!!! (nagpakulot kasi ng buhok).... :))
UPDATE: my mum received her visa today Sept. 10, 2009 and its valid until 2019, it means that its a 10 year multiple entry tourist visa!